2010-03-16

my first entry in the new blog

Hi everybody,

this is a blog for my english spoken friends all over the world. I am not a native english speaker, but I will try to write a good english, as much as I can.

For those who don't know me yet. My name is Markus and I am from Duesseldorf in germany. I am husband, a father, a son, a brother, a friend and so much more the people want me to be. In my free time I love to be with my family and when theres time, I love to play wii or xbox (sometimes with my familiy). ;-)

I was inspirated to write an english blog by Bianca who lives in Los Angeles. She is a very talented preacher and a very cute person. I don't really know how I become acquainted with her and I don't know her personally, but now I am reading her blog daily.

If you are interested, you find her here:

http://liveinthenameoflove.blogspot.com

Bianca wrote nearly every day a question or a statement about the belief and other things in life what has to do with the Lord in her blog and so will I do in the hope that anybody read this anytime and gives her or his statment to this.

So my first question will be:

Is it possible to be a good human or to be a good servant for god, if I abuse children? Will god forgive those people who do criminal abuse of children?

These times in germany we heard every day another terrible new about that in the TV news. Preacher, priest, teacher and many more have done this. They abuse children. In the last twenty years, there are thousends of cases, they find out now. But why only now? If the roman catholic church know about this since years, why didn't they do anything?

In the meantime the most of the cases are barred, sadly.

I hope the wrongdoer receive one's just deserts. And I hope the children who are now adults find they're come to terms with that.

What do you think about that?

So, having said this,
Markus

6 Kommentare:

Bianca hat gesagt…

W.O.W.

Mac, this is a heavy and tough question.

The bible says that God will judge. God also claims that vengence is HIS. One day, these people will have to pay.

I'm so sad this has happened. There are no good answers. There are NO good reasons.

Sin is in the world. The world is broken because of sin. Jesus came to heal that which is broken.

Guess what? I asked Matt if we get married if we can go to Germany. He asked me why? I told him 1. So we can discover his German roots, and 2. So I can meet Markus. He said we can visit you if we are near Ziegen or Dusseldorf!!!!! One day we will meet for coffee!

Sare hat gesagt…

Hi Markus,
I found your blog off your comments from Bianca's, man I love reading her words!

I think the question you pose is huge like Bianca said, we know that God will judge and that vengence and punishment is his and we have to trust that it's going to be just. The thing i think we are called to do is love those that are hurt by other's actions and to tell them of God's love despite the things that have happened to them.

Hope that makes sense!

I'll be following your blog!
S

mac hat gesagt…

Dear Bianca,

I hope you were right and one day, these people will have to pay.

The other thing sounds good. I would be happy if I could met you and Matt for coffee one day.
Did he asked you to marry him? When will it be? Congratulation!

If you come to germany and you need any information before don't hesitate to ask me.

kind regards,
Markus :-)

mac hat gesagt…

Dear Sare,

yes I love reading her words too and I am happy you find my blog. ;-)

I hope you were also right after all like Bianca and God will judge.

Sometimes I would like to judge by myself to those people, but I know this is not my decision...so I have to learn to trust more in his decision.

Wish you a good day,
Markus :-)

Melinda hat gesagt…

Markus,

We are right to get angry at sin. It should break our hearts and make us sad. And God will judge everyone for their sins. It will be happen and sometimes it does happen this side of eternity. There are consequences to sin. But praise God we are free from the eternal consequences of sin if we turn to Jesus to be our Savior.

Germany is the most beautiful country, Bianca - y'all need to visit!! I wish I could go more often. My cousin is getting married this summer in Duesseldorf, but I don't have enough vacation time to go. I've been three times - once to Frankfurt to visit my Omi, once to Herborn & Siegen and then once to Kiel/Groemitz/Lensahn for my Omi's funeral. So gorgeous!

mac hat gesagt…

Melinda,

thanks for your comment and for following my blog. :-)

If you like Frankfurt, Herborn and Kiel, you have to come to Duesseldorf. It's a beautiful Town...

regards,
Markus :-)