2010-03-17

When is the moment somebody take advantage of you?

I am a very sociable dude and I have a lot of "friends" out there and I know a lot of people and whenever it is possible I will help people.

I worked in many voluntary jobs. I worked for the red cross as a paramedic, I worked as a lifeguard and I look like David Hasselhoff in Baywatch. I don't really look like him but in the red trunks I look as funny as him. I do a social job in a school...and so on...

I do all these jobs additionally to my normal job and they were fun and I would do it again, because I love helping people, but in the meantime everybody wants me to do anything for him...as I said allready I like to help and I never want to get back anything, but now I have the feeling, it's enough.

Hey Markus, can you do this for me, hey Markus I need this, Hey Markus.....

At the moment I would like so say "no" to everybody, but thats not me...

When is the moment somebody take advantage of you? When is it time to say "no"?

4 Kommentare:

Bianca hat gesagt…

The moment you say no is the moment you're heart isn't in it.

If your heart is telling you to stop, then stop. Or else, you'll be bitter and bored.

:)

mac hat gesagt…

Hi B.

this isn't always easy, but I'm trying... :-)

Sare hat gesagt…

I agree with Bianca (what a surprise!) when your heart isn't in it than the answer is to stop. This is definately harder said than done, i've had to leave a job because i couldn't say no and then it all got too much!
Tell your friends that you are struggling, if they are really your friends they will understand and appreciate the things that you do do for them.

mac hat gesagt…

@sare: I'm trying, I'm trying...;-)