2010-04-09

What is luck?

A friend of mine ask me, what luck is and why some people have so much of it and some poeple have nothing of it.

I think luck is a chance. I can't control it. Either it comes to me or not. Luck doesn't ask if you are rich or intelligent, it doesn't search people who need it. It took those who were just there, so it is.

But there is something like luck. I can control it. I can propagate it. If I bother, I can hold it. It's not important if I am rich or poor, If a had a job or not.

It is SATISFACTION!

I am in charge of how satisfied I am with me, with my familiy, with my job or with my neighbourhood. I control whether I am happy in the morning or not or how happy I am, when I come home. I am in charge of, how much love i give to my familiy.

Natural there are things I can't control. I can't control the weather, but I can handle it lucky and took my cagoule on, instead of getting wet. Individually I can't control the environmental policy, but I can search others and move a lot together. And so on.
But keep in mind, if there is something you can't control as individual or as collective, leave it and accept it.

Sometimes I am unsatisfied with my work or my life and I am sad and ask myself to pack in my job, but than I remember my familiy and my friends and all the love they give to me and everything is good. Sometimes it helps to think of other people, to help other people and to do good things to others. This is it, what makes me feel Satisfied. The more I pay attention to the wellfare of others, the more I feel satisfied. This may sound paradox, but so it is.

However, it is under my control, how I handle it.

I wish you well,

Markus :-)


5 Kommentare:

Sare hat gesagt…

Wow i've never really thought about luck like that. Thanks for the insight

God bless

mac hat gesagt…

now you have to apply it...

M. :-)

Bianca hat gesagt…

Hi Markus! Hope all is well :) Are you still visiting churches out in Germany? Hopefully you find one you like :)

B

mac hat gesagt…

@Bianca: Here is (nearly) everything ok. My job is a little difficult at the moment, but I hope I can fix it.

I want to visit Calvery Chapel Duesseldorf again. Next weekend we have Communion of my son Keno (here in our home catholic church), but after that, I want to make CCD to our homechurch.

Hope you are well too.

M. :-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Markus! Sorry, but i can't agree. First, i think, the term you meant is happiness, not luck. Good luck is a royal flush or to survive a road accident. Happiness is the joy to be, to exist, to live, to breath, to love. But that has little in common with satisfaction. Satisfaction is a full belly, a good job, a home, a car, a big bank account. In fact, i think, love is a main assumption to be happy. The love to live, the love to a woman, to your children, to mankind, to the things you door create or (if you believe in him) the love to god.

No, luck – or better: happiness – has little to do with satisfaction.